AMIIGA project is realized within the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme funded under the European Regional Development Fund.
Integrated Approach to the Management of Groundwater Quality in Functional Urban Areas
Head of the Project
1 September 2016 - 31 August 2019
Description the Project:
The main goal of the AMIIGA project is to improve the management and decision-making process in terms of dealing with contaminated groundwater on a functional urban area (FUA) scale.
The AMIIGA project focuses on developing an integrated assessment strategy, as well as the reclamation and management of groundwater quality. The strategy will be used as a basis for seven “operational plans” (MAP) for functional urban areas defined in the project. It will include activities to develop and implement technical (including biological reclamation methods), process, and organizational innovations that will streamline the process of managing water resources in the relevant administrative bodies.
The project is also intended to develop and test in practice a common approach to engaging interested stakeholders on an FUA scale to work together to establish “operational plans” (MAP).
Results of the Project – benefits for the region:
- an implemented system for monitoring groundwater on an FUA scale allows for the proper management of groundwater,
- the development of procedures for decision support in terms of the selected groundwater rehabilitation method,
- the establishment of a regular platform for joint coordination of activities of various parties from different sectors and levels involved in the management and monitoring of groundwater on an FUA scale.
12 partners representing 6 countries are involved in the project: Poland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, and 10 associate partners. GIG is the coordinator of the whole project, Comune di Parma is the partner responsible for the promotion of the results.
The institutions engaged in the project are:
LP Główny Instytut Górnictwa (PL)
PP2 Miasto Jaworzno (PL)
PP3 Landeshauptstadt Stuttgart (DE)
PP4 Město Nový Bydžov (CZ)
PP5 Technicka Univerzita v Liberci (CZ)
PP6 Regione Lombardia (IT)
PP7 Politecnico di Milano (IT)
PP8 Comune di Parma (IT)
PP9 Geološki Zavod Slovenije (SI)
PP10 Javno Podjetje Vodovod-Kanalizacija d.o. o. (SI)
PP11 Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Građevinski Fakultet (HR)
PP12 Vodovod d.o.o. Zadar (HR)
and 10 associate partners:
- Wodociągi Jaworzno sp. z o.o. (PL)
- Regione Emilia Romagna (IT)
- Hrvatske vode (HR)
- Mestna občina Ljubljana (SI)
- Górnośląski Związek Metropolitalny (PL)
- Krajský úřad Libereckého kraje (CZ)
- Krajský úřad Královéhradeckého kraje (CZ)
- Občina Ig (SI)
- Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart (DE)
- Regionalna Dyrekcja Ochrony Środowiska w Katowicach (PL)
The AMIIGA project partnerships provide a balanced combination of experience and competence of academic and administrative partners in terms of technical knowledge, as well as management and regulatory procedures. The joint work of all the partners will contribute to the enhancement of technical competence, as well as the dissemination of knowledge concerning the assessment of groundwater pollution, which will facilitate the decision-making process on a functional urban area scale.