Duration of the project:
01.09.2017 - 31.08.2020
Contact person (GIG) :
Dr Annamaria Collaci
Air pollution is both an environmental and social problem and is considered a common challenge for central European territories. The AWAIR project aims at improving the environmental management capacity in central Europe through the promotion and adoption of agreed measures and strategies. AWAIR answers to the lack of coordination of environmental policies between core urban areas and their surroundings.
It will define a common transnational protocol for mitigation and the management of adaptation actions in functional urban areas. Specific monitoring of the effectiveness of actions at each functional urban area are also foreseen. AWAIR also aims at promoting innovative preventive approaches by introducing new indicators (e.g. ultrafine particles, black carbon) and including air quality forecasting systems.
- LP - Regional Agency for the prevention, environment and energy in Emilia Romagna Region (IT)
- PP2 - National Interuniversity Consortium for Environmental Sciences (IT),
- PP3 - Municipality of Parma (IT),
- PP4 - Municipality of the Capital City of Budapest District (HU)
- PP5 - Katowice City Hall (PL),
- PP6 - Central Mining Institute (PL),
- PP7 - City Council Graz (AT),
- PP8 - Helmholtz Zentrum München – German Reasearch Center for Environmental Health (DE).
The total budget of the project is EUR 1 936 342 and is supported by the Interreg Central Europe program financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).