Project number and acronym: CE1308 HealingPlaces
Project title: Enhancing environmental management capacities for sustainable use of the natural heritage of Central European SPA towns and regions as the driver for local and regional development.
Department of Water Protection GIG
phone: 32 259 22 07
Duration of the project:
01.04.2019 – 31.03.2022
HealingPlaces main objective is to improve current management practices of mineral & hot water and other valuable natural resources at SPAs.
SPA heritage & resources are subjected to increasing environmental & economic pressures and usage conflicts. Main challenge is that SPA heritage & related natural resources are highly valuable & need to be protected, but in a way that allows further sustainable development of SPA & health resorts. HealingPlaces, by activities aiming at enhancement of environmental management capacities of local / regional public authorities in SPAs areas & other SPA decision makers (by integrated strategy & tools development) will led to meet this challenge & also will contribute directly to the SO.3.1, which main goal is to improve integrated environmental management capacities for sustainable use of natural heritage & resources.
Planned approaches include participative planning, improvement of cross-sectoral cooperation & elaboration of action plans aiming at thermal water resources depletion, land use conflicts, human – wildlife conflicts, etc. Achieving of this goal will contribute to improving the environmental performance of studied SPAs, by reducing uncontrolled influence of SPAs development on thermal water resources depletion, as well as threats for environment. Experiences & knowledge generated in this project will be carefully disseminated, thus will contribute to improve environmental performance of other SPAs located in Central Europe.
- Central Mining Institute - GIG (PL)
- Dolnoslaskie Region – Institute for Territorial Development (PL)
- Hajdú-Bihar County Government (HU)
- Business Upper Austria – OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH (AT)
- BORA 94 Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén County Development Agency Nonprofit LLC (HU)
- City of Krizevci (HR)
- DEVELOPMENT CENTRE NOVO MESTO, Counseling and Development, Ldt.(SI)
- Mendel University in Brno (CZ)
- LAMORO Development Agency (IT)
- Technology Park of Pordenone (IT)
- Toplice Sveti Martin d.d. (HR)
- Municipality of Montegrotto Terme (IT)
- Municipality of Abano Terme (IT)
- Management body of homogeneous hydrominerary basin of Euganean Hills (IT)
- Jeseníky - Association of Tourism (CZ)
HealingPlaces project is realized within the Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE Programme funded under the European Regional Development Fund.