Duration of the project:
01.07.2017 - 30.06.2020
There has been a rapid development of auxiliary transportation systems in the European mines in the last two decades. It mainly concerned the solutions, in which the auxiliary transportation means were equipped with their own drives. It has been observed that at the same time the length of tracks on which people are transported is all-time extended. Such situation leads to reduction of effective work time of miners during one shift. There is also necessity to equip people and equipment/material with tracking systems in dangerous environments. The main objectives of INESI “Increase Efficiency and Safety Improvement in Underground Mining Transportation Routes” project are as follows: increasing the speed and safety of underground auxiliary transportation systems; development and testing of transportation systems adapted to increased speed; development of system for controlling the traction parameters of mine transportation means; elaboration of low energy consumption ventilation of underground transportation routes; development of fully automated system for identification of human’s presence on underground conveyors; development of process optimization with persons and equipment tracking.
INESI aims to increase the European coal industry’s efficiency and safety. This includes the following objectives:
- Increasing the speed and safety of underground auxiliary transportation systems including: suspended monorails and belt conveyors.
- Development and testing of transportation system adapted to increased speed: suspended route; drivetrains; emergency braking cars; cabins for operators and for crew transportation.
- Elaboration of low energy consumption ventilation of underground transportation routes.
- Development of fully automated system for identification of human’s presence on underground conveyors.
- Development of process optimization with persons and equipment tracking.
- Development of a system for monitoring the load to roadway support, based on monitoring the load-bearing capacity and yield of individual frictional legs installed in a roadway. It is assumed that monitoring system will be equipped with autonomous power supplying unit and module for data transmission and archiving.